Thank you for your interest in the CMES Visiting Researcher program.
The application season for the academic year 2019-20 will be open on December 1, 2018.**
**change in date.
How to Apply
- Applications are due January 16, 2019 and will be made available on December 1.
- To apply for one of the appointments outlined in Affiliation Distinctions, please submit an application and upload the requisite materials here: 2019-2020 CMES Visiting Researcher Application Form
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Before You Apply, Please Note
- CMES visiting researcher positions are unpaid academic appointments and are made for a minimum of three months and a maximum of 12 months.
- Individuals may hold an appointment for no more than two consecutive years, pending renewal by the CMES Steering Committee.
- Part-time appointments or non-consecutive appointments for a fraction of a year will ordinarily count as a one-year appointment when determining eligibility for renewal.
A complete CMES Visiting Researcher application includes:
- Application Form (link above)
- Research proposal
- Written sample of your research
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from the applicant's desired CMES faculty sponsor
Other Information about Applications and Academic Appointments
The submitted application materials are reviewed by the CMES Steering Committee members. Applicants will be contacted with a decision by the end of March.
Academic appointments are not final until they have been approved by the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Governing Boards of the University.