CMES works hard to keep in touch with alumni and to foster continuing relationships.
Update Your Contact Information
If your home or work contact information has recently changed (or if you are not receiving email communications from us) please send your updated contact information to Jesse Howell. (We also recommend that you update your information on the Harvard Alumni Association website.)
Ways to Connect
- LinkedIn: The CMES LinkedIn Group is intended for current and former students, faculty, researchers, staff, and other affiliates of CMES to network and keep in touch with each other and with CMES. To join visit the "Harvard Center for Middle Eastern Studies" page on LinkedIn.
- Facebook: "Like" CMES on Facebook to see news and event announcements in your Facebook feed. Find us at http://www.facebook.com/HarvardCMES.
- Twitter: Follow CMES on Twitter.
- Instagram: Follow CMES on Instagram.
- CMES LinkedIn Group is open to current and former CMES affiliates (including alumni and past visiting researchers) and to other Harvard students, faculty, and researchers with an interest in the Middle East.
- Mideast List: The Mideast List is a listserv advertising CMES events, Harvard events, and events taking place in the greater Boston area, as well as postings about conferences and jobs around the world. Visit the Mideast List subscription page to sign up for the mailing list.
- Weekly Event Email: You may also wish you receive our weekly email round-up of Harvard Middle East–related events. SIgn up here to be added to this mailing list.
- Special Events and Receptions: If you're in the Boston area, make sure we have your email and mailing address so we can invite you to special events and receptions.
CMES publishes a newsletter once per semester. Our spring issue features alumni news and updates from the previous year. You should receive an email each spring soliciting your news; however please keep us informed any time throughout the year if you have news you'd like to share. If you are not receiving our twice-yearly newsletter by email, please make sure we have an up-to-date email address for you (see "Update Your Contact Information" above).
CMES compiles a list highlighting Harvard affiliates presenting at MESA each year—if we have your email address, you will receive this list a few weeks in advance of the conference. We often host a reception for faculty and alumni at MESA—make sure we have your email address, and keep an eye out for an invitation in the fall!
We love to hear from you! For the Center to continue to flourish, we appreciate the advice and support of our alumni. Please contact Jesse Howell with any comments and suggestions, and drop by the Center when you are in town.